Thursday 16 June 2016

SLEEK MATTE ME LIP CREAMS

I've wanted to try the Matte Me's after seeing Instagram pictures of their swatches. So I decided to play it safe and get nude/pink shades that I know I will wear all the time. I got my hands on 3 shades but I know there was one more nudey pinks that I didn't want because I knew it would wash me out. 


PACKAGING:
To begin with, the sleek packaging is pretty basic but still very fashionable. It's not over the top but still looks nice and classy. The product has a clear square packaging where we are able to see the colour of the product and it has a black matte lid. It has a doe foot applicator which is pretty standard but it works especially getting the tip to outline your cupid's bow. I found that Birthday suit has a different short of applicator where you just have flat edges on both sides with no arch. I'm not sure if that was intended but either way it still applies nicely. 

PRODUCT:
I purchased three of them and the first and the nudest is called Birthday Suit. This is a light nude brown shade that works as an everyday shade. Next, we have a berry pink called Shabby Chic. Lastly, we have a mauve toned pink called Bittersweet. Here are the swatches.
(left to right: Birthday Suit, Bittersweet and Shabby Chic)

VERDICT:
When you want to wear these lip creams I would advise that you put Vaseline or some kind of lip balm on beforehand and then wipe off the excess before applying the lip cream, just so that it isn't super drying on your lips which in turn, makes the skin on your lips flake. The shades are really pretty and if you hate the formula, you can always just add a gloss over it and the shades would still look really nice. Lastly, for the longevity, I would say that it is pretty decent, for only £4.99, I've had mine last a good four hours and it will just leave a nice stain on your lips overtime. These are definitely worth it and I would highly recommend these.

1 comment:

  1. Where did you purchase them from? And did you buy them each seperate?

    ReplyDelete