Monday 22 August 2016

COLOURPOP HAUL- UK SHIPPING, NO CUSTOMS?

Recently, ColourPop Cosmetics finally decided to ship internationally and everyone was buzzing. Their products retail from $5 to $20 and they are known for their lip and eye products the most. Not only that but they recently hit 3 million followers on Instagram and to celebrate that they had a 20% off discount on selected items. I thought that this was the perfect time to make an order. 




SHIPPING/CUSTOMS: 
I ended up buying 15 items in total which cost me $69.60 and I was charged with a $25 shipping fee. The final total was $94.60 which converted into pounds was around £74. That to me is a pretty good deal but I was mentally preparing myself to get a ridiculous customs fee on top of that. I had watched Emily Canham's video and knew she got charged around £16 so I was expecting that sort of amount but the amazing thing was that I had no charges. Usually when you have to pay custom fees, they leave a slip at your door, telling you that your package is at your local post office where you pay you custom fees but mine came straight to my door. Amazing! I should mention that my package did have REG written on it in black which I presumed meant registered so perhaps if you order over a certain amount of products then customs is taken care of. My packaged weighed 2lbs. So the difference between my order and Emily's is that I was able to order 5 extra products for the same price. She did however only get charged $15 for her shipping. I placed the order on 5th August, got shipped out on 9th and I received the package on 15th August which means I only waited 6 days for it to arrive. Amazing!


PRODUCTS: 
I ended up ordering products from the 20% discount selection and got 4 Lippie Stixs, 3 Super Shock Shadows, 2 Super Shock Cheek products, 2 Ultra Mattes, 1 Ultra Glossy, and 3 Ultra Satins. The prices for the Super Shock Shadows and Lippie Stix retails at $5 but I paid $4 each, the Super Shock Cheeks cost $8 but I paid $6.40, the Ultra Lip products cost $6 but I paid $4.80.  

FACE/EYES: 



The two Super Shock Cheeks I got was a blusher in Between the Sheets and the highlighter is called Wisp. The highlighter is a light gold shade and the blusher is a coral pink. 
The first Super Shock Shadow is part of the KathleenLights collaboration called Blaze and it is a metallic bronze, next we have I Heart It which is a silver metallic and lastly we have Nillionaire which is a gold metallic. 

LIPS:
The two of the Lippie Stixs I got are part of the Kathleen Lights collaboration in shades Aquarius which is a creme formula and Lumiere which is a matte purple toned nude. I also picked up Pillow Talk which is a Matte X formula and Cami. Cami is a rosy nude and Pillow Talk is more of a grey toned nude. 
Next we have all the Ultra Products, starting off with the glossy formula called Finders Keepers. It's no surprise that all these shades are somewhat similar in colour as these are the shades I would wear the most and prefer. I also picked up three ultra satin lipcolour in Echo Park, Alyssa and Frick N Frack. The last two products I got were Ultra Mattes in StingRaye (discontinued) and Beeper. 



VERDICT: 
I think that Colourpop is definitely worth trying out. I personally think maybe doing a small order of one product from each category is worth being able to try out their products and test out their formulas. It gives you a chance to find out what you like and don't like and make your own judgement on their products. I am sure that in my next favourites video, there will be a few colour pop appearances because now I know what I like. I think $5 is very good for the product you get plus if you buy at least 5-10 items then it is worth the shipping fee but as you can tell, I did win at not having to pay any customs fee (which is awesome). The custom fee is what I think people internationally really don't want to have to pay but to finally be able to make your own opinion on a company that is so talked about, will be worth it. Comment down any of your favourite colour pop products I should try out. 



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I am so jealous!!! The products look amazing :)

    findyourownhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty products which are shipping in UK are of various international brands which help in bringing new brands to customer.

    ReplyDelete